send a message to users logged on a host
rwall command sends a message to the users logged
into the specified host. The message to be sent can be typed in and terminated
with EOF or it can be in a file.
- rwall: RPC: Program not registered
- The rpc.rwalld(8) daemon has not been started on the
- rwall: RPC: Timed out
- A communication error occurred. Either the network is excessively
congested, or the rpc.rwalld(8) daemon has terminated on
the remote host.
- rwall: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Timed out
- The remote host is not running the portmapper (see
portmap(8) ), and cannot accommodate any RPC-based
services. The host may be down.
rwall command appeared in SunOS.