NAME¶measurefs.reiser4 - the program for measuring reiser4 filesystem parameters (fragmentation, node packing, etc.).
SYNOPSIS¶measurefs.reiser4 [ options ] FILE
DESCRIPTION¶measurefs.reiser4 is reiser4 filesystem measure program. You can estimate reiser4 filesystem fragmentation, packingm etc. structures by using it.
- -V, --version
- prints program version.
- -?, -h, --help
- prints program help.
- -y, --yes
- assumes an answer 'yes' to all questions.
- -f, --force
- forces measurefs to use whole disk, not block device or mounted partition.
- -c, --cache N
- sets tree cache node number to passed value. This affects very much behavior of libreiser4. It affects speed, tree allocation, etc.
- -S, --tree-stat
- shows different tree statistics (node packing, internal nodes, leaves, etc)
- -T, --tree-frag
- measures total tree fragmentation. The result is fragmentation factor - value from 0.00000 (minimal fragmentation) to 1.00000 (maximal one). Most probably, this factor may affect sequential read performance.
- -D, --data-frag
- measures average files fragmentation. This means, that fragmentation of
each file in filesystem will be measured separately and results will be
averaged. The result is fragmentation factor - value from 0.00000 (minimal
fragmentation) to 1.00000 (maximal one).
Note, that for the fresh filesystem (created not very long time ago) and even fully filled by data, this value will be pretty small.
- -F, --file-frag FILE
- measures fragmentation of the specified file. The result is fragmentation
factor - value from 0.00000 (minimal fragmentation) to 1.00000 (maximal
one). Note, that fragmentation of a small file (depends of used tail
policy), which consists of tail items, is not very reliable value. That is
because, they is always afoot due to balancing.
measurefs.reiser4 -F /usr/bin /dev/hda2
measurefs.reiser4 -F /bin/bash /dev/hda2
- -E, --show-file
- show file fragmentation for each file if --data-frag is specified.
- -p, --print-profile
- prints the plugin profile. This is the set of default plugins used for all parts of a filesystem -- format, nodes, files, directories, hashes, etc. If --override is specified, then prints modified plugins.
- -l, --print-plugins
- prints all plugins libreiser4 know about.
- -o, --override TYPE=PLUGIN, ...
- overrides the default plugin of the type "TYPE" by the plugin
"PLUGIN" in the plugin profile.
measurefs.reiser4 -o nodeptr=nodeptr41,hash=rupasov_hash /dev/hda2
REPORTING BUGS¶Report bugs to <email@example.com>
SEE ALSO¶debugfs.reiser4(8), mkfs.reiser4(8), fsck.reiser4(8)
AUTHOR¶This manual page was written by Yury Umanets <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|28 Apr, 2003||reiser4progs|