|RQUOTAD(8)||System Manager's Manual||RQUOTAD(8)|
rpc.rquotad - remote quota server
/usr/sbin/rpc.rquotad [ -FI ] [ -p port ] [ -s | -S ] [ -x path ]
/usr/sbin/rpc.rquotad [ -h | -V ]
rpc.rquotad is an rpc(3) server which returns quotas for a user of a local filesystem which is mounted by a remote machine over the NFS. It also allows setting of quotas on NFS mounted filesystem (if configured during compilation and allowed by a command line option -S). The results are used by quota(1) to display user quotas for remote filesystems and by edquota(8) to set quotas on remote filesystems. rquotad daemon uses tcp-wrappers library (under service name rquotad) which allows you to specify hosts allowed/disallowed to use the daemon (see hosts.allow(5) manpage for more information). The rquotad daemon is normally started at boot time from the system startup scripts.
- -h, --help
- Show program usage and exit. -V, --version Show version of quota tools.
- -s, --no-setquota
- Don't allow setting of quotas (default). This option is available only if utilities were compiled with the rpcsetquota option.
- -S, --setquota
- Allow setting of quotas. This option is available only if utilities were compiled with the rpcsetquota option.
- -F, --foreground
- Run daemon in foreground (may be useful for debugging purposes).
- -I, --autofs
- Do not ignore autofs mountpoints.
- -p port, --port port
- Listen on alternate port port.
- -x path, --xtab path
- Set an alternative file with NFSD export table. This file is used to determine pseudoroot of NFSv4 exports. The pseudoroot is then prepended to each relative path (i.e. a path not beginning by '/') received in a quota RPC request.