- buster 1.06-6.2~deb10u1
|tcp-environ(5)||File Formats Manual||tcp-environ(5)|
NAME¶tcp-environ - TCP-related environment variables
DESCRIPTION¶The following environment variables describe a TCP connection. They are set up by tcp-env, tcpclient, and tcpserver. Note that TCPLOCALHOST, TCPREMOTEHOST, and TCPREMOTEINFO can contain arbitrary characters.
- The string TCP.
- The domain name of the local host, with uppercase letters converted to lowercase. If there is no currently available domain name for the local IP address, TCPLOCALHOST is not set.
- The IP address of the local host, in dotted-decimal form.
- The local TCP port number, in decimal.
- The domain name of the remote host, with uppercase letters converted to lowercase. If there is no currently available domain name for the remote IP address, TCPREMOTEHOST is not set.
- A connection-specific string, perhaps a username, supplied by the remote host via 931/1413/IDENT/TAP. If the remote host did not supply connection information, TCPREMOTEINFO is not set.
- The IP address of the remote host.
- The remote TCP port number.