|PRAYER-ACCOUNTD(8)||System Manager's Manual||PRAYER-ACCOUNTD(8)|
Prayer system account helper daemon
prayer-accountd is an auxilliary daemon
that allows users to perform various tasks with respect to their UNIX system
- Change passwords
- Change their name
- Check filesystem quota
Furthermore it can help users set up an (Exim-only) .forward file for Spam filtering, vacation auto-replies etc.
prayer-accountd can be installed on a
separate host from the main Prayer services if necessary. It needs to be
able to run passwd(1), chfn(1), and
quota(1) for the user, and access users' home
prayer-accountd accepts the following
- Reads configuration from file instead of the default.
- Sets (overrides) the configuration option name to value. Any number of options can be specified in this manner.
- Fork subprocesses as requests come in. This is the default.
- Don't fork; process one request in at the time (debug mode).
- Default configuration file.
prayer-accountd is rather customized to
the needs of the University of Cambridge, though some patches have been
applied to the Debian package. System administrators should study the source
code to see what this means.
This introductory manual page was put together for Debian by Magnus Holmgren <email@example.com>.
|27 March 2011||The Prayer Webmail Interface|