|KAS_HELP(8)||AFS Command Reference||KAS_HELP(8)|
NAME¶kas_help - Displays help for kas commands
SYNOPSIS¶kas help [-topic <help string>+] [-help]
kas h [-t <help string>+] [-h]
DESCRIPTION¶The kas help command displays the complete online help entry (short description and syntax statement) for each command operation code specified by the -topic argument. If the -topic argument is omitted, the output includes the first line (name and short description) of the online help entry for every kas command.
To list every kas command whose name or short description includes a specified keyword, use the kas apropos command.
- -topic <help string>+
- Indicates each command for which to display the complete online help entry. Omit the kas part of the command name, providing only the operation code (for example, specify setpassword, not kas setpassword). If this argument is omitted, the output briefly describes every kas command.
- Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.
OUTPUT¶The online help entry for each kas command consists of the following two or three lines:
- The first line names the command and briefly describes its function.
- The second line lists aliases for the command, if any.
- The final line, which begins with the string "Usage", lists the command's options in the prescribed order. Online help entries use the same symbols (for example, brackets) as the reference pages in this document.
EXAMPLES¶The following command displays the online help entry for the kas setpassword command:
% kas help setpassword kas setpassword: set a user's password aliases: sp Usage: kas setpassword -name <name of user> [-new_password <new password>] [-kvno <key version number>] [-admin_username <admin principal to use for authentication>] [-password_for_admin <password>] [-cell <cell name>] [-servers <explicit list of authentication servers>+] [-help]
PRIVILEGE REQUIRED¶None, and no password is required.
SEE ALSO¶kas(8), kas_apropos(8)
COPYRIGHT¶IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.
This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.