|PTS_LISTMAX(1)||AFS Command Reference||PTS_LISTMAX(1)|
pts_listmax - Displays the max user id and max group id counters
[-cell <cell name>] [-noauth]
[-force] [-help] [-auth] [-encrypt]
[-config <config directory>]
[-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l]
[-a] [-e] [-co <config directory>]
The pts listmax command displays the values of the "max user id" and "max group id" counters, which the Protection Server uses to track the AFS user IDs (AFS UIDs) it allocates to new users or machines, and the AFS group IDs (AFS GIDs) it allocates to new groups, respectively. When an administrator next issues the pts createuser command and does not include the -id argument, the new user or machine receives an AFS UID one greater than the "max user id" counter, and when a user issues the pts creategroup command and does not include the -id argument, the new group receives an AFS UID one less (more negative) than the "max group id" counter.
To reset one or both counters, members of the system:administrators group can issue the pts setmax command.
- Use the calling user's tokens to communicate with the Protection Server. For more details, see pts(1).
- -cell <cell name>
- Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see pts(1).
- -config <config directory>
- Use an alternate config directory. For more details, see pts(1).
- Encrypts any communication with the Protection Server. For more details, see pts(1).
- Enables the command to continue executing as far as possible when errors or other problems occur, rather than halting execution at the first error.
- Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.
- Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see pts(1).
- Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. For more details, see pts(1).
The command displays the counters in the following format:
Max user id is <user_counter> and max group id is <group_counter>.
The following example displays the output of this command:
% pts listmax Max user name is 1271 and max group id is -382.
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.
This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.