|BOS_ADDUSER(8)||AFS Command Reference||BOS_ADDUSER(8)|
bos_adduser - Adds a privileged user to the UserList file
-server <machine name>
-user <user names>+
[-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help]
-s <machine name>
-u <user names>+
[-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h]
The bos adduser command adds each user name specified with the -user argument to the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument. It is the issuer's responsibility to verify that an entry for the user exists in the Authentication and Protection Databases.
- -server <machine name>
- Indicates the server machine on which to change the
/etc/openafs/server/UserList file. Identify the machine by IP
address or its host name (either fully-qualified or abbreviated
unambiguously). For details, see bos(8).
In cells that use the Update Server to distribute the contents of the /etc/openafs/server directory, it is conventional to specify only the system control machine as a value for the -server argument. Otherwise, repeat the command for each file server machine. For further discussion, see bos(8).
- -user <user names>+
- Specifies each user name to insert into the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file.
- -cell <cell name>
- Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8).
- Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8).
- Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile or /etc/openafs/server/KeyFileExt file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8).
- Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.
The following command adds the user names "pat" and "smith" to the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine "fs1.example.com" (the system control machine).
% bos adduser -server fs1.example.com -user pat smith
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included.
KeyFile(5), KeyFileExt(5), UserList(5), bos(8), bos_listusers(8), bos_removeuser(8)
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.
This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.