|pcxtoppm(1)||General Commands Manual||pcxtoppm(1)|
pcxtoppm - convert a PCX file into a portable pixmap
pcxtoppm [-stdpalette] [-verbose] [pcxfile]
Reads a PCX file as input. Produces a portable pixmap as output. Supported PCX types are:
- Colormapped files with 2-16 colors.
- "Packed pixel" format (1, 2 or 4 bits/pixel, 1 plane) or bitplane format (1 bit/pixel, 1-4 planes). The program checks the colormap and uses an internal one if the provided colormap is completely black.
- Colormapped files with 256 colors
- 8 bits/pixel, 1 plane, colormap at the end of the file.
- 24bit truecolor files
- 24bit RGB: 8 bits/pixel, 3 planes.
- 32bit truecolor files
- 24bit RGB + 8bit intensity: 8 bits/pixel, 4 planes.
- Enforce the use of the internal colormap for files with 16 colors or less.
Copyright (C) 1990 by Michael Davidson.
Modified 1994 by Ingo Wilken (Ingo.Wilken@informatik.uni-oldenburg.de)
|9 April 1990|