- buster 201409.0-1+b2
NAME¶pbes2bool - Generate a BES from a PBES and solve it.
DESCRIPTION¶Solves (P)BES from INFILE. If INFILE is not present, stdin is used.
- OPTION can be any of the following:
- -c, --counter
- print at the end a tree labelled with instantiations of the left hand side of equations; this tree is an indication of how pbes2bool came to the validity or invalidity of the PBES
- -eLEVEL, --erase=LEVEL
- use remove level LEVEL to remove bes variables 'none' do not remove generated bes variables. This can lead to excessive usage of memory. (default) 'some' remove generated bes variables that are not used, except if the right hand side of its equation is true or false. The rhss of variables must have to be recalculated, if encountered again, which is quite normal. 'all' remove every bes variable that is not used anymore in any equation. This is quite memory efficient, but it can be very time consuming as the rhss of removed bes variables may have to be recalculated quite often.
- -H, --hashtables
- use hashtables when substituting in bes equations, and translate internal expressions to binary decision diagrams (discouraged, due to performance)
- -iFORMAT, --in=FORMAT
- use input format FORMAT: 'pbes' PBES in internal format 'pbes_text' PBES in internal textual format 'text' PBES in textual (mCRL2) format 'bes' BES in internal format 'bes_text' BES in internal textual format 'cwi' BES in CWI format 'pgsolver' BES in PGSolver format
- -oFORMAT, --output=FORMAT
- use output format FORMAT (this option is deprecated. Use the tool pbes2bes instead).
- -QNUM, --qlimit=NUM
- limit enumeration of quantifiers to NUM variables. (Default NUM=1000, NUM=0 for unlimited).
- -rNAME, --rewriter=NAME
- use rewrite strategy NAME: 'jitty' jitty rewriting (default) 'jittyc' compiled jitty rewriting 'jittyp' jitty rewriting with prover
- -zSEARCH, --search=SEARCH
- use search strategy SEARCH: 'breadth-first' Compute the right hand side of the boolean variables in a first come first served basis. This is comparable with a breadth-first search. This is good for generating counter examples. (default) 'depth-first' Compute the right hand side of a boolean variables where the last generated variable is investigated first. This corresponds to a depth-first search. This can substantially outperform breadth-first search when the validity of a formula is determined after a larger depths. 'b' Short hand for breadth-first. 'd' Short hand for depth-first.
- -sSTRAT, --strategy=STRAT
- use substitution strategy STRAT: '0' Compute all boolean equations which can be reached from the initial state, without optimization. This is is the most data efficient option per generated equation. (default) '1' Optimize by immediately substituting the right hand sides for already investigated variables that are true or false when generating an expression. This is as memory efficient as 0. '2' In addition to 1, also substitute variables that are true or false into an already generated right hand side. This can mean that certain variables become unreachable (e.g. X0 in X0 and X1, when X1 becomes false, assuming X0 does not occur elsewhere. It will be maintained which variables have become unreachable as these do not have to be investigated. Depending on the PBES, this can reduce the size of the generated BES substantially but requires a larger memory footprint. '3' In addition to 2, investigate for generated variables whether they occur on a loop, such that they can be set to true or false, depending on the fixed point symbol. This can increase the time needed to generate an equation substantially.
- append timing measurements to FILE. Measurements are written to standard error if no FILE is provided
- -u, --unused_data
- do not remove unused parts of the data specification
- Standard options:
- -q, --quiet
- do not display warning messages
- -v, --verbose
- display short intermediate messages
- -d, --debug
- display detailed intermediate messages
- display intermediate messages up to and including level
- -h, --help
- display help information
- display version information
AUTHOR¶Written by Jan Friso Groote.
REPORTING BUGS¶Report bugs at <http://www.mcrl2.org/issuetracker>.
COPYRIGHT¶Copyright © 2014 Technische Universiteit Eindhoven.
This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the Boost Software License <http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt>. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
SEE ALSO¶See also the manual at <http://www.mcrl2.org/release/user_manual/tools/pbes2bool.html>.
|September 2017||pbes2bool mCRL2 toolset 201409.0 (Release)|