|MARCO(1)||General Commands Manual||MARCO(1)|
NAME¶Marco - The MATE Window Manager
DESCRIPTION¶Marco is a minimal X window manager that uses GTK+ for drawing window frames. It is aimed at non-technical users and is designed to integrate well with the MATE desktop. Marco is a plain window manager for the adult in you; Many window managers are like Marshmallow Froot Loops, Marco is like Cheerios. It lacks some features that may be expected by traditional UNIX or other technical users; these users may want to investigate other available window managers for use with MATE or as a standalone window manager.
Marco supports several somewhat advanced but common features such as Window Shading/Roll-Up, Window/Edge Snapping, Vertical and Horizontal Maximize, Always-On-Top, Sloppy/Mouse Focus and Raising, and many more... Well, not a lot, but some more.
This manual page documents the marco command.
- -d, --display=DISPLAY
- X display to use.
Make X calls synchronous.
- Replace the currently running window manager with Marco.
- Disable the connection to the session manager.
- Specify a session management ID.
- Restore from a session management savefile.
If no path is specified marco will look in ~/.config/mate-session/saved-session/
- -c, --composite
- Turn compositing ON. You may also use this option to start marco with composite "true transparency" effects.
- Turn compositing OFF. You may also use this option to start marco without compositing effects.
- Do not create fullscreen windows without decorations.
- Print current version information and exit.
- -?, -h, --help
- Print standard command line options.
CONFIGURATION¶Marco configuration can be found via the main MATE menus, under "System->Preferences->Windows" and "System->Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts" or by running the commands mate-window-properties and mate-keybinding-properties respectively. Advanced configuration can also be achieved directly, via dconf-editor under "/org/mate/marco/".
Should you encounter any bugs, they may be reported at:¶http://github.com/mate-desktop/marco/issues
This Man Page has been updated/re-written for the MATE Desktop Environment by:¶Adam Erdman <firstname.lastname@example.org> (2014)
Portions of this manual page were originally written by Luke Morton and Philip O'Brien (2006) for Metacity, but do not bear resemblance to preceding documentation.¶
Further information may also be available at: http://wiki.mate-desktop.org/docs¶marco-message(1), marco-theme-viewer(1), marco-window-demo(1)
|7 February 2014||MATE Desktop Environment|