NAME¶gmi2email - subscribe to gemlogs and read individual Gemini pages by e-mail
SYNOPSIS¶gmi2email [OPTIONS] [URI or FILE] ...
DESCRIPTION¶gmi2email fetches pages served using the Gemini protocol, converts them to e-mail messages, and then sends those messages. It is mainly useful for subscribing to Gemini logs ("gemlogs") by e-mail, like rss2email(1). gmi2email fetches, converts and sends all URIs and files containing text/gemini content specified on the command line.
TYPICAL USAGE¶1. Ensure you have a working MTA: gmi2email will use the sendmail(1) command to send mail.
2. Create ~/.config/mailscripts/gmi2email.config with content like this:
from = firstname.lastname@example.org to = email@example.com inline_images = 1
3. Create ~/.config/mailscripts/gmi2email.subscriptions with some feed URIs, e.g.
4. Just once, execute
% gmi2email --subscriptions --no-send
5. Periodically, execute
% gmi2email --subscriptions
- In addition to mailing any URIs/files specified on the command line, check
subscribed gemlogs for new posts and send those too. Useful in a crontab.
We support the subscription mechanism described at <gemini://gemini.circumlunar.space/docs/companion/subscription.gmi> as well as Atom feeds.
gmi2email looks for a file with a list of gemini:// URIs to check for new posts, one per line, in FILE, or if that is not set, in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/mailscripts/gmi2email.subscriptions, or if XDG_CONFIG_HOME is not set, it falls back to trying to read ~/.config/mailscripts/gmi2email.subscriptions.
- Download and inline any images included in the post.
- Don't actually send any mail. Intended when you just added some new subscriptions and want to avoid receiving all the old posts you've already read.
- Set the From: address, overriding the configuration file.
- Set the To: address, overriding the configuration file.
CONFIGURATION¶gmi2email tries to read configuration from the file $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/mailscripts/gmi2email.config, or if XDG_CONFIG_HOME is not set, it falls back to trying to read ~/.config/mailscripts/gmi2email.config.
The format is key = value, one per line. The following configuration keys are supported:
- Set the From: address.
- Set the To: address.
- Set to 1 to implicitly pass --inline-images.
AUTHOR¶gmi2email was written by Sean Whitton <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
|Debian Project||perl v5.32.0|