debian/lintian-brush.conf - per-package configuration for lintian-brush
A lintian-brush per-package configuration file that contains of a series of
single key/value pairs. The configuration file should be placed in the package
The hash sign “#” is used as a comment
character. Any text after the comment character to the end of the line is
The following variables are currently supported:
compat-release = RELEASE
- compat-release specifies the oldest release that the package aims
to be compatible with. lintian-brush will not make any changes that
require packages or features not present in this release.
- Supported values are Debian and Ubuntu code names as well as aliases
("testing", "experimental", "stable",
"unstable"). Version numbers are currently not supported.
- The default compat release is "stable".
allow-reformatting = True|False
- If allow-reformatting is enabled, lintian-brush will make changes
to debian files in a way that does not necessarily preserve existing
- If disabled, lintian-brush will not run any fixers that can not preserve
update-changelog = True|False
- The update-changelog setting determines whether new lines in the
changelog will be added for the changes that lintian-brush has made to the
- By default, lintian-brush will automatically (using some basic heuristics,
such as checking for the presence of a [gbp] section in
debian/gbp.conf) determine whether the changelog should be
- You may want to set this to False if you are using "gbp
dch" to generate your changelog entries.
Jelmer Vernooij <firstname.lastname@example.org>