table of contents
|sane-xerox_mfp(5)||SANE Scanner Access Now Easy||sane-xerox_mfp(5)|
sane-xerox_mfp - SANE backend for Xerox Phaser 3200MFP device et al.
The sane-xerox_mfp library implements a SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) backend that provides access to several Samsung-based Samsung, Xerox, and Dell scanners. Please see full list of supported devices at http://www.sane-project.org/sane-supported-devices.html.
- USB scanners do not need any configuration.
For SCX-4500W in network mode you need to specify
The host_address is passed through resolver, thus can be a dotted quad or a name from /etc/hosts or resolvable through DNS.
- The backend configuration file. By default all scanner types/models are enabled, you may want to comment out unwanted entries.
- The static library implementing this backend.
- The shared library implementing this backend (present on systems that support dynamic loading).
- If the library was compiled with debug support enabled, this environment
variable controls the debug level for this backend. Higher debug levels
increase the verbosity of the output.
Example: export SANE_DEBUG_XEROX_MFP=4
Multicast autoconfiguration for LAN scanners is not implemented yet. IPv6 addressing has never been tested.
BUGS AND SUPPORT¶
If you have found a bug or need support please follow open-source way of acquiring support via mail-lists http://www.sane-project.org/mailing-lists.html or SANE bug tracker http://www.sane-project.org/bugs.html.
Alex Belkin <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Samsung SCX-4500W scan over network support by Alexander Kuznetsov <acca(at)cpan.org>.
Color scanning on Samsung M2870 model and Xerox Cognac 3215 & 3225 models by Laxmeesh Onkar Markod <email@example.com>.
|15 Dec 2008|