|sane-canon_lide70(5)||SANE Scanner Access Now Easy||sane-canon_lide70(5)|
NAME¶sane-canon_lide70 - SANE backend for the Canon LiDE 70 USB flatbed scanner
DESCRIPTION¶The canon_lide70 library implements a SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) backend that provides access to the Canon Inc. CanoScan LiDE 70 flatbed scanner.
Due to Canon's unwillingness to provide scanner documentation, this software was developed by analyzing the USB traffic of the Windows XP driver. The precise meaning of the individual commands that are sent to the scanner is known only to a very limited extent. Some sophistication present in the Windows XP driver has been left out. There is, for example, no active calibration.
TESTERS ARE WELCOME. Send your bug reports and comments to the sane-devel mailing list <email@example.com>
The Canoscan LiDE 600 (or 600f, with film unit) is closely related to the LiDE 70, but it does not work with this backend. Support for the LiDE 600 will be added by the end of 2020.
CONFIGURATION¶The /etc/sane.d/canon_lide70.conf file identifies the LiDE 70 by its vendor code 0x04a9 and its product code 0x2225. For the LiDE 600(f) the product code would be 0x2224.
BACKEND SPECIFIC OPTIONS¶Scan Mode:
- --resolution 75|150|300|600|1200 [default 600]
- Sets the resolution of the scanned image in dots per inch. Scanning at 1200 dpi is very slow.
- --mode Color|Gray|Lineart [default: Color]
- Selects the scan mode. Lineart means fully black and fully white pixels only.
- --threshold 0..100 (in steps of 1) [default 75]
- Select minimum-brightness percentage to get a white point, relevant only for Lineart
- --non-blocking[=(yes|no)] [inactive]
- This option has not yet been implemented. Scans are captured in a temporary file with a typical size of 100MB.
- -l 0..216.069 [default 0]
- Top-left x position of scan area in millimeters.
- -t 0..297 [default 0]
- Top-left y position of scan area in millimeters.
- -x 0..216.069 [default 80]
- Width of scan-area in millimeters.
- -y 0..297 [default 100]
- Height of scan-area in millimeters.
- The backend configuration file
- The static library implementing this backend.
- The shared library implementing this backend (present on systems that support dynamic loading).
- If the library was compiled with debug support enabled, this environment
variable controls the debug level for this backend. Higher debug levels
increase the verbosity of the output.
SANE_DEBUG_CANON_LIDE70=128 scanimage > /dev/null
KNOWN PROBLEMS¶At low resolutions (75 and 150 dpi, implying high slider speeds) the scanner misses the top one millimeter of the scan area. This can be remedied by shifting the document one millimeter downward, in cases where such precision matters. Note that xsane uses the 75 dpi mode for prescans.
It is recommended that in xsane the gamma value be set to approximately 1.5 to get more realistic colors. This also wipes out some artifacts caused by the lack of real calibration.
SEE ALSO¶sane(7), sane-usb(5), sane-find-scanner(1), scanimage(1)
AUTHOR¶pimvantend, building upon pioneering work by Juergen Ernst.
|26 Nov 2019|