- buster 1:1.40.2-2
名前¶virt-v2v-support - Supported hypervisors, virtualization management systems and guests in virt-v2v
説明¶This page documents which foreign hypervisors, virtualization management systems and guest types that virt-v2v(1) can support.
Note this page applies to upstream virt-v2v from http://libguestfs.org and in downstream distributions of virt-v2v sometimes features are intentionally removed, or are present but not supported.
- VMware ESXi
- Must be managed by VMware vCenter ≥ 5.0 unless VDDK is available.
- OVA exported from VMware
- OVAs from other hypervisors will not work.
- VMX from VMware
- VMX files generated by other hypervisors will not work.
- RHEL 5 Xen
- SUSE Xen
- Citrix Xen
- Citrix Xen has not been recently tested.
- Not recently tested. Requires that you export the disk or use virt-p2v(1) on Hyper-V.
- Direct from disk images
- Only disk images exported from supported hypervisors, and using container formats supported by qemu.
- Physical machines
- Using the virt-p2v(1) tool.
Hypervisors (Output)¶QEMU and KVM only.
Virtualization management systems (Output)¶
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- CentOS 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Scientific Linux 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Oracle Linux
- SLES 10 and up
- OpenSUSE 10 and up
- Debian 6 and up
- Ubuntu 10.04, 12.04, 14.04, 16.04, and up
- Windows XP to Windows 10 / Windows Server 2016
- We use Windows internal version numbers, see
Currently NT 5.2 to NT 6.3 are supported.
See "WINDOWS" below for additional notes on converting Windows guests.
Guest firmware¶BIOS is supported for all guest types and hypervisors.
VMware allows you to present UEFI firmware to guests (instead of the ordinary PC BIOS). Virt-v2v can convert these guests, but requires that UEFI is supported by the target hypervisor.
Currently KVM supports OVMF, an open source UEFI firmware, and can run these guests.
Since OVMF support was only recently added to KVM (in 2014/2015), not all target environments support UEFI guests yet:
- UEFI on libvirt, qemu
- Supported. Virt-v2v will generate the correct libvirt XML (metadata) automatically, but note that the same version of OVMF must be installed on the conversion host as is installed on the target hypervisor, else you will have to adjust paths in the metadata.
- UEFI on OpenStack
- Not supported.
- UEFI on oVirt or RHV
- Supported since oVirt/RHV ≥ 4.2 and virt-v2v ≥ 1.39.12.
著者¶Richard W.M. Jones
COPYRIGHT¶Copyright (C) 2009-2019 Red Hat Inc.
BUGS¶To get a list of bugs against libguestfs, use this link: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?component=libguestfs&product=Virtualization+Tools
To report a new bug against libguestfs, use this link: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?component=libguestfs&product=Virtualization+Tools
When reporting a bug, please supply:
- The version of libguestfs.
- Where you got libguestfs (eg. which Linux distro, compiled from source, etc)
- Describe the bug accurately and give a way to reproduce it.
- Run libguestfs-test-tool(1) and paste the complete, unedited output into the bug report.