NAME¶virt-index-validate - Validate virt-builder index file
DESCRIPTION¶virt-builder(1) uses an index file to store metadata about templates that it knows how to use. This index file has a specific format which virt-index-validate knows how to validate.
Note that virt-index-validate can validate either the signed or unsigned index file (ie. either index or index.asc). It can only validate a local file, not a URL.
- Check for compatibility with virt-builder 1.24.0. (Using this option
implies --compat-1.24.1, so you don't need to use both.)
- This version of virt-builder could not handle "[...]" (square brackets) in field names (eg. "checksum[sha512]=...").
- It required detached signatures ("sig=...").
- Check for compatibility with virt-builder ≥ 1.24.1.
- This version of virt-builder could not handle "." (period) in field names or "," (comma) in subfield names.
- It could not handle comments appearing in the file.
- Display help.
- Display version number and exit.
EXIT STATUS¶This program returns 0 if the index file validates, or non-zero if there was an error.
SEE ALSO¶virt-builder(1), http://libguestfs.org/.
AUTHOR¶Richard W.M. Jones http://people.redhat.com/~rjones/
COPYRIGHT¶Copyright (C) 2013 Red Hat Inc.
LICENSE¶This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.
BUGS¶To get a list of bugs against libguestfs, use this link: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?component=libguestfs&product=Virtualization+Tools
To report a new bug against libguestfs, use this link: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?component=libguestfs&product=Virtualization+Tools
When reporting a bug, please supply:
- The version of libguestfs.
- Where you got libguestfs (eg. which Linux distro, compiled from source, etc)
- Describe the bug accurately and give a way to reproduce it.
- Run libguestfs-test-tool(1) and paste the complete, unedited output into the bug report.