|Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Git::Tag(3pm)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Git::Tag(3pm)|
NAME¶Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Git::Tag - Tag the new version
SYNOPSIS¶In your dist.ini:
[Git::Tag] tag_format = v%V ; this is the default tag_message = v%V ; this is the default
DESCRIPTION¶Once the release is done, this plugin will record this fact in git by creating a tag. By default, it makes an annotated tag. You can set the "tag_message" attribute to change the message. If you set "tag_message" to the empty string, it makes a lightweight tag.
It also checks before the release to ensure the tag to be created doesn't already exist. (You would have to manually delete the existing tag before you could release the same version again, but that is almost never a good idea.)
Plugin options¶The plugin accepts the following options:
- tag_format - format of the tag to apply. Defaults to "v%V".
- tag_message - format of the tag annotation. Defaults to "v%V". Use "tag_message =" to create a lightweight tag. The formatting codes used in "tag_format" and "tag_message" are documented under Dist::Zilla::Role::Git::StringFormatter.
- time_zone - the time zone to use with %d. Can be any time zone name accepted by DateTime. Defaults to "local".
- branch - which branch to tag. Defaults to the current branch.
- signed - whether to make a GPG-signed tag, using the default e-mail
address's key. Consider setting
"gpg" can't find the correct key:
$ git config user.signingkey 450F89EC
my $tag = $plugin->tag;
Return the tag that will be / has been applied by the plugin. That is, returns "tag_format" as completed with the real values.
SUPPORT¶Bugs may be submitted through the RT bug tracker <https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Git> (or bug-Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Git@rt.cpan.org <mailto:bug-Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Git@rt.cpan.org>).
There is also a mailing list available for users of this distribution, at <http://dzil.org/#mailing-list>.
There is also an irc channel available for users of this distribution, at "#distzilla" on "irc.perl.org" <irc://irc.perl.org/#distzilla>.
COPYRIGHT AND LICENCE¶This software is copyright (c) 2009 by Jerome Quelin.
This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself.