|Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Git::CommitBuild(3pm)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Git::CommitBuild(3pm)|
NAME¶Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Git::CommitBuild - Check in build results on separate branch
SYNOPSIS¶In your dist.ini:
[Git::CommitBuild] ; these are the defaults branch = build/%b message = Build results of %h (on %b) multiple_inheritance = 0
DESCRIPTION¶Once the build is done, this plugin will commit the results of the build to a branch that is completely separate from your regular code branches (i.e. with a different root commit). This potentially makes your repository more useful to those who may not have Dist::Zilla and all of its dependencies installed.
The plugin accepts the following options:
- branch - String::Formatter string for where to commit the build contents.
A single formatting code (%b) is defined for this attribute and will be substituted with the name of the current branch in your git repository.
Defaults to "build/%b", but if set explicitly to an empty string causes no build contents checkin to be made.
- release_branch - String::Formatter string for where to commit the build
Same as "branch", but commit the build content only after a release. No default, meaning no release branch.
- message - String::Formatter string for what commit message to use when
committing the results of the build.
This option supports five formatting codes:
- %b - Name of the current branch
- %H - Commit hash
- %h - Abbreviated commit hash
- %v - The release version number
- %V - The release version number, but with a leading "v" removed if it exists
- %t - The string "-TRIAL" if this is a trial release
- release_message - String::Formatter string for what commit message to use
when committing the results of the release.
Defaults to the same as "message".
- multiple_inheritance - Indicates whether the commit containing the build
results should have the source commit as a parent.
If false (the default), the build branch will be completely separate from the regular code branches. If set to a true value, commits on a build branch will have two parents: the previous build commit and the source commit from which the build was generated.
SUPPORT¶Bugs may be submitted through the RT bug tracker <https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Git> (or bug-Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Git@rt.cpan.org <mailto:bug-Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Git@rt.cpan.org>).
There is also a mailing list available for users of this distribution, at <http://dzil.org/#mailing-list>.
There is also an irc channel available for users of this distribution, at "#distzilla" on "irc.perl.org" <irc://irc.perl.org/#distzilla>.
COPYRIGHT AND LICENCE¶This software is copyright (c) 2009 by Jerome Quelin.
This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself.