|Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Git::Commit(3pm)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Git::Commit(3pm)|
NAME¶Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Git::Commit - Commit dirty files
SYNOPSIS¶In your dist.ini:
[Git::Commit] changelog = Changes ; this is the default
DESCRIPTION¶Once the release is done, this plugin will record this fact in git by committing changelog and dist.ini. The commit message will be taken from the changelog for this release. It will include lines between the current version and timestamp and the next non-indented line, except that blank lines at the beginning or end are removed.
Warning: If you are using Git::Commit in conjunction with the NextRelease plugin, "[NextRelease]" must come before "[Git::Commit]" (or "[@Git]") in your dist.ini or plugin bundle. Otherwise, Git::Commit will commit the Changes file before NextRelease has updated it.
The plugin accepts the following options:
- changelog - the name of your changelog file. Defaults to Changes.
- allow_dirty - a file that will be checked in if it is locally modified. This option may appear multiple times. The default list is dist.ini and the changelog file given by "changelog".
- allow_dirty_match - works the same as allow_dirty, but matching as a regular expression(s) instead of an exact filename(s).
- add_files_in - a path that will have its new files checked in. This option
may appear multiple times. This is used to add files generated during
build-time to the repository, for example. The default list is empty.
Note: The files have to be generated between the phases BeforeRelease <-> AfterRelease, and after Git::Check + before Git::Commit.
- commit_msg - the commit message to use. Defaults to "v%V%n%n%c", meaning the version number and the list of changes. The formatting codes are documented under Dist::Zilla::Role::Git::StringFormatter.
- time_zone - the time zone to use with %d. Can be any time zone name accepted by DateTime. Defaults to "local".
get_commit_message¶This method returns the commit message. The default implementation reads the Changes file to get the list of changes in the just-released version.
SUPPORT¶Bugs may be submitted through the RT bug tracker <https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Git> (or bug-Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Git@rt.cpan.org <mailto:bug-Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Git@rt.cpan.org>).
There is also a mailing list available for users of this distribution, at <http://dzil.org/#mailing-list>.
There is also an irc channel available for users of this distribution, at "#distzilla" on "irc.perl.org" <irc://irc.perl.org/#distzilla>.
COPYRIGHT AND LICENCE¶This software is copyright (c) 2009 by Jerome Quelin.
This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself.