|Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Git::Check(3pm)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Git::Check(3pm)|
NAME¶Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Git::Check - Check your git repository before releasing
SYNOPSIS¶In your dist.ini:
[Git::Check] allow_dirty = dist.ini allow_dirty = README changelog = Changes ; this is the default build_warnings = 0 ; this is the default untracked_files = die ; default value (can also be "warn" or "ignore")
DESCRIPTION¶This plugin checks that your Git repo is in a clean state before releasing. The following checks are performed before releasing:
- there should be no files in the index (staged copy)
- there should be no untracked files in the working copy
- the working copy should be clean. The files listed in "allow_dirty" can be modified locally, though.
If those conditions are not met, the plugin will die, and the release will thus be aborted. This lets you fix the problems before continuing.
The plugin accepts the following options:
- changelog - the name of your changelog file. defaults to Changes.
- allow_dirty - a file that is allowed to have local modifications. This option may appear multiple times. The default list is dist.ini and the changelog file given by "changelog". You can use "allow_dirty =" to prohibit all local modifications.
- allow_dirty_match - works the same as allow_dirty, but matching as a regular expression instead of an exact filename.
- build_warnings - if 1, perform the same checks after every build, but as warnings, not errors. Defaults to 0.
- untracked_files - indicates what to do if there are untracked files. Must be either "die" (the default), "warn", or "ignore". "warn" lists the untracked files, while "ignore" only prints the total number of untracked files.
SUPPORT¶Bugs may be submitted through the RT bug tracker <https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Git> (or bug-Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Git@rt.cpan.org <mailto:bug-Dist-Zilla-Plugin-Git@rt.cpan.org>).
There is also a mailing list available for users of this distribution, at <http://dzil.org/#mailing-list>.
There is also an irc channel available for users of this distribution, at "#distzilla" on "irc.perl.org" <irc://irc.perl.org/#distzilla>.
COPYRIGHT AND LICENCE¶This software is copyright (c) 2009 by Jerome Quelin.
This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself.