|SELECTALL_XML(1p)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||SELECTALL_XML(1p)|
stag-selectall_xml - Query all elements from database with an XML output
stag-selectall_xml [-d <dbi>] [-f file of sql] [-nesting|n <nesting>] SQL
This script will query a database using either SQL provided by the script user, or using an SQL templates; the query results will be turned into XML using the DBIx::DBStag module. The nesting of the XML can be controlled by the DBStag SQL extension "USE NESTING..."
stag-selectall_xml -d "dbi:Pg:dbname=mydb;host=localhost"\ "SELECT * FROM a NATURAL JOIN b"
A parameterized SQL template (canned query) can be used instead of specifying the full SQL
stag-selectall_xml -d genedb /genedb-gene gene_symbol=Adh
stag-selectall_xml -d genedb /genedb-gene Adh
stag-selectall_xml -d genedb /genedb-gene gene_symbol@=Adh,dpp,bam,indy
A template is indicated by the syntactic shorthand of using a slash to precede the template name; in this case the template is called genedb-gene. the -t option can also be used.
All the remaining arguments are passed in as SQL template parameters. They can be passed in as either name=value pairs, or as a simple list of arguments which get passed into the template in order
To use templates, you should have the environment variable DBSTAG_TEMPLATE_DIRS set. See DBIx::DBStag for details.
LISTING AVAILABLE TEMPLATES FOR A DB¶
stag-selectall_xml -d mydb -h
LISTING VARIABLES FOR A TEMPLATE¶
stag-selectall_xml /genedb-gene -h
COMMAND LINE ARGUMENTS¶
- shows this page if no other arguments are given
if a template is specified, gives template details
if a db is specified, lists templates for that db
use in conjunction with -v for full descriptions
- -d|dbname DBNAME
- this is either a full DBI locator string (eg dbi:Pg:dbname=mydb;host=localhost) or it can also be a shortened "nickname", which is then looked up in the file pointed at by the environment variable DBSTAG_DBIMAP_FILE
- -u|user USER
- database user identity
- -p|password PASS
- database password
- -f|file SQLFILE
- this is a path to a file containing SQL that will be executed, as an alternative to writing the SQL on the command line
- -n|nesting NESTING-EXPRESSIONS
- a bracketed expression indicating how to the resulting objects/XML should be nested. See DBIx::DBStag for details.
- -t|template TEMPLATE-NAME
- the name of a template; see above
- -wh|where WHERE-CLAUSE
- used to override the WHERE clause of the query; useful for combining with
You can append to an existing where clause by using the prefix +
- -s|select SELECT-COLS
- used to override the SELECT clause of the query; useful for combining with templates
- sometimes it is preferable to return the results as a table rather than xml or a similar nested structure. specifying -rows will fetch a table, one line per row, and columns separated by tabs
- -pre SQL
- a piece of SQL is that is executed immediately before the main query;
-pre "SET search_path=myschema,public"
- -o|out FILE
- a file to output the results to
- -w|writer WRITER
- writer class; can be any perl class, or one of these