|ldns-verifyzone(1)||General Commands Manual||ldns-verifyzone(1)|
NAME¶ldns-verify-zone - read a DNSSEC signed zone and verify it.
DESCRIPTION¶ldns-verify-zone reads a DNS zone file and verifies it.
RRSIG resource records are checked against the DNSKEY set at the zone apex.
Each name is checked for an NSEC(3), if appropriate.
- Show usage and exit
- Apex only, check only the zone apex
- -e period
- Signatures may not expire within this period. Default no period is used.
- -i period
- Signatures must have been valid at least this long. Default signatures should just be valid now.
- -k file
- A file that contains a trusted DNSKEY or DS rr. This option may be given
more than once.
Alternatively, if -k is not specified, and a default trust anchor (/etc/unbound/root.key) exists and contains a valid DNSKEY or DS record, it will be used as the trust anchor.
- -p [0-100]
- Only check this percentage of the zone. Which names to check is determined randomly. Defaults to 100.
- Chase signature(s) to a known key. The network may be accessed to validate the zone's DNSKEYs. (implies -k)
- -t YYYYMMDDhhmmss | [+|-]offset
- Set the validation time either by an absolute time value or as an offset in seconds from the current time.
- Show the version and exit
- -V number
- Set the verbosity level (default 3):
0: Be silent 1: Print result, and any errors 2: Same as 1 for now 3: Print result, any errors, and the names that are being checked 4: Same as 3 for now 5: Print the zone after it has been read, the result, any errors, and the names that are being checked
periods are given in ISO 8601 duration format:
If no file is given standard input is read.
- The file from which trusted keys are loaded for signature chasing, when no -k option is given.
AUTHOR¶Written by the ldns team as an example for ldns usage.
REPORTING BUGS¶Report bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
COPYRIGHT¶Copyright (C) 2008 NLnet Labs. This is free software. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
|27 May 2008|