ldns-read-zone - read a zonefile and print it
reads a DNS zone file and prints it. The output has 1
resource record per line, and no pretty-printing makeup.
- Print a (null) for the RRSIG inception, expiry and key data. This option
can be used when comparing different signing systems that use the same
DNSKEYs for signing but would have a slightly different timings/jitter.
- Include Bubble Babble encoding of DS's.
- Canonicalize all resource records in the zone before printing
- Only print DNSSEC data from the zone. This option skips every record that
is not of type NSEC, NSEC3 or RRSIG. DNSKEY and DS records are not
- -e RR type
- Do not print RRs of the given rr type. This option may be given
multiple times. -e is not meant to be used together with -E.
- -E RR type
- Print only RRs of the given rr type. This option may be given
multiple times. -E is not meant to be used together with -e.
- Show usage and exit
- Do not print the SOA record
- Pad the SOA serial number with spaces so the number and the spaces
together take ten characters. This is useful for in file serial number
- Strip DNSSEC data from the zone. This option skips every record that is of
type NSEC, NSEC3 or RRSIG. DNSKEY and DS records are still printed.
- -S [[+|0]number | YYYYMMDDxx | unixtime ]
- Set serial number to the given number, or when preceded by a sign,
offset the exisiting number with it. When giving the literal strings
YYYYMMDDxx or unixtime, the serial number is tried to be
reset in datecounter or in unixtime format respectively. Though is the
updated serial number is smaller than the original one, the original one
is simply increased by one.
When updating a serial number, records of type NSEC, NSEC3, RRSIG and DNSKEY
will be skipped when printing the zone.
- -u RR type
- Mark RR type for printing in unknown type format.
-u is not meant to be used together with -U.
- -U RR type
- Mark RR type for not printing in unknown type format.
The first occurrence of the -U option marks all RR types for printing
in unknown type format except for the given RR type. Subsequent
-U options will clear the mark for those RR types too, so
that only the given RR types will be printed in the presentation
format specific for those RR types.
-U is not meant to be used together with -u.
- Show the version and exit
- Sort the zone before printing (this implies -c)
Written by the ldns team as an example for ldns usage.
Report bugs to <email@example.com>.
Copyright (C) 2005 NLnet Labs. This is free software. There is NO warranty; not
even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.