|KDIFF3(1)||General Commands Manual||KDIFF3(1)|
NAME¶kdiff3 — compares two or three input files or directories
SYNOPSIS¶kdiff3 [QT options] [KDE options] [kdiff3 options] [File1] [File2] [File3]
DESCRIPTION¶This manual page documents briefly the kdiff3 tool.
This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. For comprehensive help, please see khelpcenter help:/kdiff3.
kdiff3 is a program that
- compares two or three input files
- shows the differences line by line and character by character
- provides an automatic merge-facility and
- an integrated editor for comfortable solving of merge-conflicts
- and has an intuitive graphical user interface
- and allows directory comparison and merge.
OPTIONS¶This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a full summary of options, run kdiff3 --help.
- -m, --merge
- Merge the input.
- -b, --base file
- Explicit base file. For compatibility with certain tools.
- -o, --output file
- Output file. Implies -m. E.g.: -o newfile.txt
- --out file
- Output file, again. (For compatibility with certain tools.)
- No GUI if all conflicts are auto-solvable. (Needs -o file)
- Don't solve conflicts automatically. (For compatibility...)
- --fname alias
- Visible name replacement. Supply this once for every input.
- -v, --version
- Show version of program.
AUTHOR¶This manual page was written by Eike Sauer <firstname.lastname@example.org> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 (or, at your option, any later version published by the Free Software Foundation).
On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL.