|KeyMap(3U)||InterViews Reference Manual||KeyMap(3U)|
NAME¶KeyMap - activates controls given their keyboard equivalents
DESCRIPTION¶KeyMap supports keyboard equivalents, which allow the user of a Unidraw application to execute menu commands or select from a palette of controls by typing rather than pointing and clicking with the mouse. The KeyMap can activate a control given its key code as defined by its ControlInfo object. Only those controls registered with the KeyMap can be activated through the KeyMap. By default, the Editor base class handles key events by having its KeyMap execute the key code.
- Construct a new keymap, initially with no registrants.
- void Register(UControl*)
- void Register(KeyMap*)
- void Unregister(UControl*)
- void Unregister(KeyMap*)
- Register and unregister a control or another KeyMap. Registering a KeyMap is equivalent to registering all its registered controls individually.
- void Execute(const char* keyCode)
- Execute the given key code by activating the corresponding control. Each UControl contains a ControlInfo object that specifies its key code; thus the mapping between key codes and controls is defined by the ControlInfo objects collectively. Key codes among registered controls should be unique.
SEE ALSO¶ControlInfo(3U), KeyMap(3U), UControl(3U), kybd(3U)
|1 August 1990||Unidraw|