|FAXCRON(8)||System Manager's Manual||FAXCRON(8)|
NAME¶faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script
SYNOPSIS¶/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ]
DESCRIPTION¶faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user:
25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster
The faxcron script does the following work:
- report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run.
- report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week.
- report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run.
- report statistics for facsimile received in the past week.
- report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log;
- purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory;
- delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files;
- remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day;
- remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older;
- report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and
- force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644.
- Forces faxcron to run without updating any files.
- -l lastrun
- Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M'').
- -info n
- Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days.
- -log n
- Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days.
- -rcv n
- Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days.
- -tmp n
- Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days.
- -mode m
- Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)).
NOTES¶This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date (1) program that supports the ``+format'' option.
If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.)
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/status/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls
SEE ALSO¶cron(8), faxq(8), faxgetty(8), faxsend(8), xferfaxstats(8), recvstats(8), hylafax-server(5)
|May 12, 1996|