dialtest - HylaFAX dial string processing rules test program
/usr/sbin/dialtest [ options ] dialrules
dialtest is an interactive program for the testing and development of
dial string processing rules used by HylaFAX. dialtest reads the
file of rules specified on the command line and then prompts for a dial
string. For each string typed in, dialtest prints the result of
applying the canonicalization and dial-string preparation rule sets. A rule
set whose name is setname can be specified by typing
``setname(string)''; for example,
Note that dialtest reads the rules file only when it is
initially started up. This means that dialtest must be restarted for
it to apply changes to a rules file.
- -a code
- Use code as the value of AreaCode in the rules file. The
default area code is ``415''.
- -c code
- Use code as the value of CountryCode in the rules file. The
default country code is ``1''.
- -i prefix
- Use prefix as the value of InternationalPrefix in the rules
file. The default international dialing prefix is ``011''.
- -l prefix
- Use prefix as the value of LongDistancePrefix in the rules
file. The default long distance dialing prefix is ``1''.
- Be quiet, suppressing most all output except for the actual results. This
is useful for using dialtest in an automated fashion.
- Print each input line before displaying the results of applying the dial
string rules to the input string. This can be useful, for example, in