NAME¶gss_unwrap - API function
OM_uint32 gss_unwrap(OM_uint32 * minor_status, const gss_ctx_id_t context_handle, const gss_buffer_t input_message_buffer, gss_buffer_t output_message_buffer, int * conf_state, gss_qop_t * qop_state);
- OM_uint32 * minor_status
- (Integer, modify) Mechanism specific status code.
- const gss_ctx_id_t context_handle
- (gss_ctx_id_t, read) Identifies the context on which the message arrived.
- const gss_buffer_t input_message_buffer
- (buffer, opaque, read) Protected message.
- gss_buffer_t output_message_buffer
- (buffer, opaque, modify) Buffer to receive unwrapped message. Storage associated with this buffer must be freed by the application after use use with a call to gss_release_buffer().
- int * conf_state
- (boolean, modify, optional) Non-zero - Confidentiality and integrity protection were used. Zero - Integrity service only was used. Specify NULL if not required.
- gss_qop_t * qop_state
- (gss_qop_t, modify, optional) Quality of protection provided. Specify NULL if not required.
DESCRIPTION¶Converts a message previously protected by gss_wrap back to a usable form, verifying the embedded MIC. The conf_state parameter indicates whether the message was encrypted; the qop_state parameter indicates the strength of protection that was used to provide the confidentiality and integrity services.
Since some application-level protocols may wish to use tokens emitted by gss_wrap() to provide "secure framing", implementations must support the wrapping and unwrapping of zero-length messages.
RETURN VALUE¶`GSS_S_COMPLETE`: Successful completion.
`GSS_S_DEFECTIVE_TOKEN`: The token failed consistency checks.
`GSS_S_BAD_SIG`: The MIC was incorrect.
`GSS_S_DUPLICATE_TOKEN`: The token was valid, and contained a correct MIC for the message, but it had already been processed.
`GSS_S_OLD_TOKEN`: The token was valid, and contained a correct MIC for the message, but it is too old to check for duplication.
`GSS_S_UNSEQ_TOKEN`: The token was valid, and contained a correct MIC for the message, but has been verified out of sequence; a later token has already been received.
`GSS_S_GAP_TOKEN`: The token was valid, and contained a correct MIC for the message, but has been verified out of sequence; an earlier expected token has not yet been received.
`GSS_S_CONTEXT_EXPIRED`: The context has already expired.
`GSS_S_NO_CONTEXT`: The context_handle parameter did not identify a valid context.
REPORTING BUGS¶Report bugs to <email@example.com>. GNU Generic Security Service home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gss/ General help using GNU software: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/
COPYRIGHT¶Copyright © 2003-2013 Simon Josefsson.
Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved.
SEE ALSO¶The full documentation for gss is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gss programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info gss
should give you access to the complete manual.