|BCOMPS(1)||General Commands Manual||BCOMPS(1)|
bcomps - biconnected components filter for graphs
bcomps [ -stvx? ] [ -ooutfile ] [ files ]
bcomps decomposes graphs into their biconnected components, printing the components to standard output.
The following options are supported:
- No output graph is printed. Implies the -v flag.
- Print the underlying block-cutvertex tree.
- Each biconnected component is printed as a separate root graph.
- Prints number of blocks and cutvertices.
- -o outfile
- If specified, each root graph will be written to a different file with the
names derived from outfile. In particular, if both -o and
-x flags are used, then each block is written to a different file.
If outfile does not have a suffix, the nth block of the ith graph
is written to outfile_n_i. However, the 0th block of the 0th graph
is written to outfile.
If outfile has a suffix, i.e., has the form base.sfx, then the files will have the same name as above, except appended with .sfx.
The block-cutvertex tree of ith graph is written to outfile_n_T, with an appended suffix if specified.
By default, each input graph is printed, with each block given as a subgraph whose name is a concatenation of the name of the input graph, the string "_bcc_" and the number of the block.
The following operand is supported:
- Names of files containing 1 or more graphs in dot format. If no files operand is specified, the standard input will be used.
bcomps returns 0 if all the input graphs are biconnected; and non-zero if any graph has multiple blocks, or any error occurred.
It is possible, though unlikely, that the names used for connected components and their subgraphs may conflict with existing subgraph names.
Emden R. Gansner <email@example.com>
|18 November 2003|