|GOLDENDICT(1)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||GOLDENDICT(1)|
NAME¶goldendict - a feature-rich dictionary lookup program
DESCRIPTION¶Goldendict is a cross-platform and international dictionary written in Qt.
- Use of WebKit for an accurate articles' representation, complete with all formatting, colors, images and links.
- Support of multiple dictionary file formats, namely:
- Babylon .BGL files, complete with images and resources
- StarDict .ifo/.dict./.idx/.syn dictionaries
- Dictd .index/.dict(.dz) dictionary files
- ABBYY Lingvo .dsl source files, together with abbreviations. The files can be optionally compressed with dictzip. Dictionary res-urces can be packed together into a .zip file.
- ABBYY Lingvo .lsa/.dat audio archives. Those can be indexed separately, -r be referred to from .dsl files.
- Support for Wikipedia, Wiktionary, or any other MediaWiki-based sites to perform lookups in.
- Ability to use arbitrary websites as dictionaries via templated Url patterns.
- Hunspell-based morphology system, used for word stemming and spelling suggestions.
- Ability to index arbitrary directories with audio files for pronunciation lookups.
- Full Unicode case, diacritics, punctuation and whitespace folding. This means the ability to type in words without any accents, correct case, punctuation or spaces (e.g. typing 'Grussen' would yield 'gruessen' in German dictionaries).
- Scan popup functionality. A small window pops up with the translation of a word chosen from another application.
- Support for global hotkeys. You can spawn the program window at any point, or directly translate a word from the clipboard.
- Tabbed browsing in a modern Qt 5 interface.
LICENSE¶Copyright (c) 2008-2009 Konstantin Isakov firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
BUGREPORTS¶For bugreports into upstream use GitHub issue <https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/issues/>.
If You use goldendict under Debian, You can submit a bugreport onto Debian Bug Tracking System (BTS). For additional information use the link: <https://www.debian.org/Bugs/>.
This manpage was written by Dmitry E. Oboukhov email@example.com for Debian project.