NAME¶glob2 — Real Time Strategy Game
SYNOPSIS¶glob2 [-h ] [-f ] [-r ] [-s640x480 ] [-a ] [-b ] [ -l ] [-t ] [-d /home/foo/bar] [-u jack] [ -host MapName]
DESCRIPTION¶This manual page documents briefly the glob2 command.
This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page.
glob2 is a Real Time Strategy game, which can be compared with Warcraft and also Sims-games family. The primary aim of the game is to kill your opponents, just like in Warcraft-like games, and the whole control is processed through buildings, not units, as in Sims-games family.
- Show summary of options.
- -s resolutionxdepth
- Set resolution and optionally depth (for instance: -s640x480 or -s640x480x32).
- Set/clear full screen.
- Set/clear resizable window.
- Enable/disable OpenGL acceleration (GPU use).
- Enable/disable custom cursor.
- Low quality graphics: disable some transparency effects.
- High quality graphics: maximum of transparency effects.
- -v level
- Set the music volume (between 1 and 256).
- Mute/unmute the sound (both music and speech).
- -d directory
- Add a directory to the directory search list.
- -u username
- Specify a username.
- -host MapName
- Run Globulation 2 as a game host text-only server.
- -y hostname
- Specify an alternative hostname for YOG server.
- -host map_file [YOG_username] [YOG_password]
- Run only as a YOG game host text-based server.
- -nox game_file
- Run the game without using the X server.
- -vs name
- Save a videoshot as name.
- Print the version and exit.