ogr_utilities - OGR Utility Programs A collection of OGR related programs.
The following utilities are distributed as part of the OGR Simple
- ogrinfo - Lists information about an OGR supported data source
- ogr2ogr - Converts simple features data between file formats
- ogrtindex - Creates a tileindex
- ogrlineref - Create linear reference and provide some calculations
- ogrmerge - Merge several vector datasets into a single one
General Command Line Switches¶
All GDAL OGR command line utility programs support the following 'general'
- Report the version of GDAL and exit.
- List all vector formats supported by this GDAL build (read-only and
read-write) and exit. The format support is indicated as follows: 'ro' is
read-only driver; 'rw' is read or write (i.e. supports CreateCopy); 'rw+'
is read, write and update (i.e. supports Create). A 'v' is appended for
formats supporting virtual IO (/vsimem, /vsigzip, /vsizip, etc). A 's' is
appended for formats supporting subdatasets.
- --format format
- List detailed information about a single format driver. The format
should be the short name reported in the --formats list, such as
- --optfile file
- Read the named file and substitute the contents into the command line
options list. Lines beginning with # will be ignored. Multi-word arguments
may be kept together with double quotes.
- --config key value
- Sets the named configuration keyword to the given value, as opposed to
setting them as environment variables. Some common configuration keywords
are SHAPE_ENCODING (force shapefile driver to read DBF files with the
given character encoding) and CPL_TEMPDIR (define the location of
temporary files). Individual drivers may be influenced by other
- --debug value
- Control what debugging messages are emitted. A value of ON will
enable all debug messages. A value of OFF will disable all debug
messages. Another value will select only debug messages containing that
string in the debug prefix code.
- Gives a brief usage message for the generic GDAL OGR command line options