fookb-plainx - Xkb state indicator without Window Maker support
fookb is a Xkb state indicator. It displays the icon corresponding to the number of Xkb locked group. You may use mouse-clicks to change Xkb locked group with mouse. Additionally, fookb can be configured to execute a program on changing group.
fookb man page is based on WMMail.app man page. Program was written from scratch.
To use fookb with the Window Maker Dock, simply drag the fookb icon to the Window Maker Dock (if fookb was compiled with Window Maker support).
CONFIGURATION FILE (for libWUtil-enabled version)¶
The configuration file consist of a single PropList dictionary, which in turn is composed of several PropList key-value pairs. The recognized keys is:
- Icon1 Filename (mandatory)
- XPM file contains an icon (48x48) for 1st XKB group.
- Icon2 Filename (mandatory)
- XPM file contains an icon (48x48) for 2nd XKB group.
- Icon3 Filename (mandatory)
- XPM file contains an icon (48x48) for 3rd XKB group.
- Icon4 Filename (mandatory)
- XPM file contains an icon (48x48) for 4th XKB group.
- IconBoom Filename (mandatory)
- XPM file contains an icon (48x48) for "broken Xkb". Please look in BUGS section.
- Sound (Yes|No)
- fookb will run command from "Command" value (see below), if this parameter is set to "Yes". You'll receive (non-fatal) error message if this parameter is not defined. In any other case command will not be run.
- Command command_to_run
- This command will be run if XKB locked group is changed and "Sound" is set to "Yes".
Here is an example of configuration file.
Icon1 = "/usr/local/share/fookb/icon1.xpm";
Icon2 = "/usr/local/share/fookb/icon2.xpm";
Icon3 = "/usr/local/share/fookb/icon3.xpm";
Icon4 = "/usr/local/share/fookb/icon4.xpm";
IconBoom = "/usr/local/share/fookb/crash.xpm";
Sound = "Yes";
Command = "/usr/bin/play /usr/local/share/fookb/click.au"; }
Here is an example of app-defaults file.
fookb.icon1: /usr/local/share/fookb/icon1.xpm fookb.icon2: /usr/local/share/fookb/icon2.xpm fookb.icon3: /usr/local/share/fookb/icon3.xpm fookb.icon4: /usr/local/share/fookb/icon4.xpm fookb.iconBoom: /usr/local/share/fookb/crash.xpm fookb.sound: Yes fookb.command: /home/bgates/bin/playmssound
- fookb defaults (for Window Maker enabled version).
- fookb defaults (for Window Maker disabled version).
Sometimes fookb receives message about changing XKB group, but message.state.group does not point to any existing XKB group. In this case fookb will show IconBoom (from config file) picture.
As far as I know the only way to look at this bug is to run vmware.
This man page is [hopefully] up-to-date for version 3.0 of fookb.
fookb is (c) 1998-2002 Alexey Vyskubov <email@example.com>.
This manpage was written by Alexey Vyskubov <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
|10 Jan 2002||fookb|