- unstable 0.5-1
NAME¶fontypython - Find, view and manage font files of all kinds.
SYNOPSIS¶fontypython [OPTIONS]... [VIEW]... [TARGET]...
DESCRIPTION¶Fontypython is a GUI utility written in Python and WxPython that will help you do font stuff on GNU/Linux system. You can quickly view and filter arbitrary* TTF, TTC, OTF, OTC, WOFF or Type1 font files and then gather them together into 'Pogs' which can be installed or removed as needed. In this way you control which fonts are installed on a per-project basis. Fonty also includes a new "Hush" mechanism for stilling the noise of system fonts. Use this when you want to work with only the fonts that you wish to see.
If you have gucharmap or kfontview installed, (there is an option in Settings to choose which one) you can view any font's character maps etc.
*Arbitrary means you can see and/or use any fonts in a local directory (or a mount). They do not need to be installed on your system.
- A place where fonts are. A Pog or a folder someplace. Also called a "source."
- A "Pog". A place to keep those fonts (just references to them).
OPTIONS¶Below are some of the main command-line options. See help for all of them. You don't need to use them, but they are handy. The program will run as a GUI if you only invoke 'fontypython'.
- -h, --help
- Show help message and exit.
- -h b, --help b
- Shows the basic help information.
- -h e, --help e
- Shows some %$@#$ examples!
- -h hush, --help hush
- Shows the basic help about hushing system fonts.
- -l, --list
- List the names of all the Pogs.
- -i Pog, --install=Pog
- Install the fonts in this Pog to your fonts folder.
- -u Pog, --uninstall=Pog
- Uninstall the fonts in this Pog.
- -p Pog, --purge=Pog
- Purge the Pog of font files that are no longer really there.
- -c folder --check=folder
- Check for bad fonts that crash the program. It will recurse through sub-folders. This will build a file named "segfonts" in your fontypython directory. After using this tool, you should be able to browse safely. (The reason it's not done by default is that it's very slow). NOTE: The fonts that crash the program are probably still perfectly good and can be used in other apps.
- -a folder Pog, --all=folder Pog
- Puts all fonts in this folder into the Pog. If the Pog already exists, it will add only *new* fonts, this means fonts are not repeated in that Pog.
- -A folder Pog, --all-recurse=folder Pog
- Puts all fonts in this folder and *all* sub-folders into the Pog. Rest same as -a.
- -z Pog, --zip=Pog
- All the fonts inside Pog will be zipped and the zip file will be named after the Pog. The file will be placed in the current directory.
- Show program's version number and exit.
SEE ALSO¶Homepage: <https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/fontypython> Tickets: https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=fontypython
AUTHOR¶fontypython was written by Donn.C.Ingle <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
This manual page was updated by Donn Ingle in December 2017. It was originally written by Kartik Mistry <email@example.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others).