NAME¶ken, b1ff, censor, chef, cockney, eleet, fanboy, fudd, jethro, jibberish, jive, kenny, kraut, ky00te, nethackify, newspeak, nyc, pirate, rasterman, scottish, spammer, scramble, studly, uniencode, upside-down - assorted text filters
SYNOPSIS¶$SHELL | chef
newspeak < thesis.tex > newthesis.tex
eleet | wall # b1ff works well too
b1ff | ircII | censor
DESCRIPTION¶All of these programs are filters to do all sorts of strange things to text. No personal, racial, religious or societal slurs are intended. For amusement only.
All the filters read input from stdin, change it, and write the filtered text to stdout. Some filters also support reading from files and writing to stdout.
- The B1FF filter
- As seen in internet gifs everywhere.
- Cockney English
- convert English on stdin to Mock Swedish on stdout
- K3wl hacker slang
- Speak like a fanboy. Filters out extraneous words and focuses on the words fans use. By default, it will speak like a fan of git/Linus/linux development. To change this, pass as parameters the words that the fanboy typically uses. Alternatively, pass the name of a topic that typically has fanboys to use a predefined word list.
- Elmer Fudd
- Hillbilly text filter
- Jive English
- Runs text through a random selection of the rest of the filters, to make really weird output.
- English into Cockney, featuring (dubious) rhyming slang for a lot of computer terminology.
- Generates text with a bad German accent.
- Generates text as spoken by Kenny on South Park.
- This program places a very cute (and familiar to FurryMuck fans) accent on any text file.
- Wiped out text like can be found in nethack.
- CDA-ize text
- Brooklyn English
- Talk like a pirate.
- Makes text look like it came from the keyboard of Carsten Haitzler.
- Fake scottish (dwarven) accent filter, inspired by the character "Durkon" from Order of the Stick.
- Turns honest text into something that is liable to be flagged as spam.
- Scramble the "inner" letters of each word in the input into a random order. The resulting text is still strangely readable.
- Studly caps.
- Use glorious unicode to the fullest possible extent. As seen previously in many man pages.
- Flips text upside down. Stand on your head and squint to read the output.
SEE ALSO¶Other filters:
- From the bsdgames package, pig converts text to pig latin.
- dog --oog
- From the dog package, dog can also function as a filter, converting text to OOG-speak.