NAME¶fail2ban-python - a helper for Fail2Ban to assure that the same Python is used
DESCRIPTION¶usage: fail2ban-python [option] ... [-c cmd | -m mod | file | -] [arg] ... Options and arguments (and corresponding environment variables): -B : don't write .py[co] files on import; also PYTHONDONTWRITEBYTECODE=x -c cmd : program passed in as string (terminates option list) -d : debug output from parser; also PYTHONDEBUG=x -E : ignore PYTHON* environment variables (such as PYTHONPATH) -h : print this help message and exit (also --help) -i : inspect interactively after running script; forces a prompt even
- if stdin does not appear to be a terminal; also PYTHONINSPECT=x
-m mod : run library module as a script (terminates option list) -O : optimize generated bytecode slightly; also PYTHONOPTIMIZE=x -OO : remove doc-strings in addition to the -O optimizations -R : use a pseudo-random salt to make hash() values of various types be
- unpredictable between separate invocations of the interpreter, as a defense against denial-of-service attacks
-Q arg : division options: -Qold (default), -Qwarn, -Qwarnall, -Qnew -s : don't add user site directory to sys.path; also PYTHONNOUSERSITE -S : don't imply 'import site' on initialization -t : issue warnings about inconsistent tab usage (-tt: issue errors) -u : unbuffered binary stdout and stderr; also PYTHONUNBUFFERED=x
- see man page for details on internal buffering relating to '-u'
-v : verbose (trace import statements); also PYTHONVERBOSE=x
- can be supplied multiple times to increase verbosity
-V : print the Python version number and exit (also --version) -W arg : warning control; arg is action:message:category:module:lineno
- also PYTHONWARNINGS=arg
-x : skip first line of source, allowing use of non-Unix forms of #!cmd -3 : warn about Python 3.x incompatibilities that 2to3 cannot trivially fix file : program read from script file - : program read from stdin (default; interactive mode if a tty) arg ...: arguments passed to program in sys.argv[1:]
Other environment variables: PYTHONSTARTUP: file executed on interactive startup (no default) PYTHONPATH : ':'-separated list of directories prefixed to the
- default module search path.
- The result is sys.path.
PYTHONHOME : alternate <prefix> directory (or <prefix>:<exec_prefix>).
- The default module search path uses <prefix>/pythonX.X.
PYTHONCASEOK : ignore case in 'import' statements (Windows). PYTHONIOENCODING: Encoding[:errors] used for stdin/stdout/stderr. PYTHONHASHSEED: if this variable is set to 'random', the effect is the same
- as specifying the -R option: a random value is used to seed the hashes of str, bytes and datetime objects. It can also be set to an integer in the range [0,4294967295] to get hash values with a predictable seed.
|January 2020||fail2ban-python 0.11.1|