Scroll to navigation
eurephiadm - eurephia administration utility
eurephiadm <command> [-h|--help] [-V|--version] [<global
options>] [-l|--log <filename>] [-L|--log-level <log level>]
eurephiadm is a generic command line tool for administering and
configuring the eurephia plug-in for OpenVPN.
Available commands in eurephiadm
- help [<command>]
- This help screen if no arguments are given. If a command is given, the
help screen for that command is provided.
- Logout from an active eurephiadm session. Most of the operations in
eurephiadm requires the user to authenticate him/herself. The session will
then be active for a predefined amount of time, not requiring new
authentications. The user will have to authenticate him/herself again if
the session timesout or the logout command is used.
- users [<arguments>]
- User management module. Lists, adds, removes, activates, deactivates and
shows user account information for each eurephia user.
- Query the eurephia lastlog. This log contains information about OpenVPN
session authenticated via eurephia.
- attempts [<arguments>]
- Show or reset registered failed login attempts registrations.
- blacklist [<arguments>]
- Show, add or delete blacklisted user accounts, certificates or IP
- certs [<arguments>]
- SSL Certificate management for eurephia authentication.
- usercerts [<arguments>]
- Manages the relations between eurephia user accounts and certificates.
This combination is called a user access, and defines which access level
the authenticated eurephia user will have to the network.
- fwprofiles [<arguments>]
- Firewall profile management. Add, list or delete (iptables) profiles
available for eurephia in the operating system. This feature is only
available if eurephiadm was compiled with firewall support.
- adminaccess [<arguments>]
- Manages eurephia user accesses to administration utilities like
- List all config settings set in the database and in the
- Similar to the show-config command, but lists only the parsed
settings in the ~/.eurephia/eurephiadm.cfg file.
- config [<arguments>]
- Add, delete or show eurephia configuration settings stored in the
- Default configuration file which defines the database driver and the
needed database parameters.
The configuration file is a simple key-value based text file, where keys and
values are separated by an equal sign ("="). All text coming after a
hash ("#") will be ignored and considered as comments. The variables
eurephiadm uses are:
- Contains a full path to the database driver eurephiadm need to use.
- All database arguments the database driver requires must be set here. See
the man page for the corresponding database driver for more information
about valid options.
- Defines how to log. If a file name is given, logging will be sent to this
log file. Other valid values are:
- stderr: or stdout:
Logging will go directly to stderr or stdout
- syslog:[local0..local7 | daemon | authpriv]
Logging will be sent to syslog. The default syslog destination is
- Sets the log verbosity. Normally the values will be from 0 to 10, where 0
is as little logging as possible and 10 is very verbose. If eurephiadm or
the database driver is compiled with debug logging, values up to 50 will
- eurephiadm will always be asking for a user name when logging into
the administration application. By setting this variable, you will set a
default user name eurephiadm will use when logging in and it will only ask
for a password directly.
- The eurephiadm utility looks for a configuration file by default in
~/.eurephia/eurephiadm.cfg. This directory can be overridden by
setting the EUREPHIA_DIR environment variable, and eurephiadm will
use the eurephiadm.cfg file in this directory instead.
Copyright (C) 2008-2012 David Sommerseth <firstname.lastname@example.org>