dwww-find - find documentation related to a search argument
dwww-find [--package|--menu|--documentation|--docfile|--doc-base-list] [--skip=number] argument [...]
dwww-find is part of the dwww package, which provides access to on-line documentation on a Debian system via WWW.
dwww-find searches for a documentation related to a given program, for entries from Debian Documentation Menu, or at least for documents registered with doc-base. It returns a HTML-formatted document with search results.
- --package argument
- Search for documentation (man pages, info files, etc.) related to argument, which can be a name of package or program that is installed in the system. The argument is passed to dwww-quickfind(8) to retrieve a list of names of packages related to it.
- Search for entries in Debian Documentation Menu pages generated by dwww-build-menu(8).
- --documentation argument
- Search in documentation files registered with doc-base. It uses search++(1) for searching.
- --docfile argument
- Search for documentation for package, which contains the file specified by the argument. The file must be located in or below a directory that has been allowed by the system administrator; see dwww(7) for more info.
- --doc-base-list argument
- Show list of registerered doc-base files for given argument, which should be specified as format/document-id, where document-id is an identificator of registered doc-base document, and format is a name of format (e.g. text or pdf) registered by the document, for which the list list is to be generated.
- Works only with --documentation. Skip number of search results.
When no options are specified, --package is assumed.
- Configuration file for dwww.
Lars Wirzenius. Robert Luberda.
See dwww(7) for copyrights and stuff.
|December 21th, 2020||dwww 1.14|