NAME¶dose-outdated - detect uninstallable packages due to obsolete dependencies
SYNOPSIS¶dose-outdated [option] ... file ...
DESCRIPTION¶dose-outdated identifies in a debian package repository those packages that are not installable with respect to that repository by the their inter-package relationships (dependencies, conflicts, ...), and that furthermore cannot become installable (in the current version) how matter how the rest of the repository evolves. This means that this package has to be updated in the repository to ever become installable again.
Input Specification¶Input files have to contain stanzas in the format of deb-control(5), separated by one blank line. For instance, the Packages files as found on a Debian mirror server, or in the directory /var/lib/apt/lists/ of a Debian system, are suitable as input. The repository used in the analysis consists of the union of all packages from the input files.
Output Specification¶The output of dose-outdated is in the YAML format.
- -f --failure
- Print the list of broken packages
- -e --explain
- Explain the results in more detail.
- Print a summary of broken packages.
- Dump to standard output in CUDF format the packages that are internally generated and exit (mostly useful for debugging purposes).
- --checkonly package[,package] ...
- Specifies a list of packages to check. By default all packages are
checked. Takes a comma-separated list of package names, each of them
possibly with a version constraint, as argument.
Example: --checkonly "libc6 , 2ping (>= 1.2.3-1)"
- Enable info / warnings / debug messages. This option may be repeated up to three times in order to increase verbosity.
- Display progress bars.
- -h, --help
- Display this list of options.
EXIT CODES¶Exit codes 0-63 indicate a normal termination of the program, codes 64-127 indicate abnormal termination of the program (such as parse errors, I/O errors).
dose-outdated -f -v /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.fr.debian.org_debian_dists_sid_main_binary-amd64_Packages
AUTHORS¶Pietro Abate and Ralf Treinen
SEE ALSO¶dose-distcheck(5) dose-challenged(5)
<http://www.mancoosi.org> is the home page of the Mancoosi project.