NAME¶dose-deb-coinstall - calculate a coinstallation set of a given set of Debian binary packages
- dose-deb-coinstall [options] binary-repositories
DESCRIPTION¶dose-deb-coinstall determines whether a set of foreground Debian binary packages can be installed together given a set of background Debian binary packages. If a valid coinstallation set exists, than it is printed on standard output; else the application exists with exit code 1 and prints nothing.
If the --src option is given, then the associated source packages are printed on standard output instead.
Packages are split into foreground and background: only packages in the foreground are checked for coinstallability, but dependencies may be satisfied by foreground packages and by background packages. By default, all packages are in the foreground.
INPUT FORMAT¶The binary-repositories argument is a list of filenames containing stanzas in the format of deb-control(5), separated by one blank line. For instance, the Packages files as found on a Debian mirror server, or in the directory /var/lib/apt/lists/ of a Debian system, are suitable.
The --src option requires a file containing debian source control stanzas, separated by one blank line. For instance, the Sources files as found on a Debian mirror server, or in the directory /var/lib/apt/lists/ of a Debian system, are suitable.
- Specify the native architecture. The default behavior is to deduce the native architecture from the first package stanza in the input that has an architecture different from all.
- --deb-foreign-archs=name [,name] ...
- Specify a comma-separated list of foreign architectures. The default is an empty list of foreign architectures. If --deb-host-arch is set, it is used as an implicit foreign architecture.
- Specify the host architecture. If this option is given, --deb-native-arch must also be set.
- -f --failures
- Print a diagnostic in YAML format containing the list of packages that were attempted to install together and the result of the operation.
- -v --successes
- Only show packages that do not fail the installability check.
- -e --explain
- Explain the results in more detail providing the reason why some packages cannot be installed together.
- Instead of printing binary packages, print the associated source packages as given in the debian Sources file source-repository.
- Dump the CUDF universe to cudf-file representing the encoding of binary and source packages, plus the coinstallability request.
- Specify a foreground binary repository.
- Specify a background binary repository.
- --latest n
- Consider only the latest -n most recent versions of each package, older versions of packages are ignored.
- Enable info / warnings / debug messages. This option may be repeated up to three times in order to increase verbosity.
- -h, --help
- Display this list of options.
EXIT CODES¶Exit codes 0-63 indicate a normal termination of the program, codes 64-127 indicate abnormal termination of the program (such as parse errors, I/O errors).
In case of normal program termination:
- exit code 0 indicates that a valid coinstallation set exists
- exit code 1 indicates that at no coinstallation set exists
EXAMPLE¶Compute the list of binary packages needed to install all packages marked as essential:
grep-dctrl -X -FEssential yes \ /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.fr.debian.org_debian_dists_sid_main_binary-amd64_Packages \ > essential dose-deb-coinstall --deb-native-arch=amd64 \ --bg /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.fr.debian.org_debian_dists_sid_main_binary-amd64_Packages \ --fg essential > essential_coinstall
Compute the list of source packages needed to build these packages:
dose-deb-coinstall --deb-native-arch=amd64 \ --src /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.fr.debian.org_debian_dists_sid_main_source_Sources \ --bg /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.fr.debian.org_debian_dists_sid_main_binary-amd64_Packages \ --fg essential > essential_coinstall_src
AUTHOR¶The current version has been rewritten on the basis of the dose3 library by Pietro Abate.
SEE ALSO¶deb-control(5), dose3-distcheck(1)