|DhMakePerl::Command::Packaging(3pm)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||DhMakePerl::Command::Packaging(3pm)|
NAME¶DhMakePerl::Command::Packaging - common routines for 'make' and 'refresh' dh-make-perl commands
- Constructs a file name relative to the main source directory, "main_dir"
- Constructs a file name relative to the debian/ sub-directory of the main source directory.
- explained_dependency $reason, $dependencies , @dependencies
- Adds the list of dependencies to $dependencies and
shows $reason if in verbose mode.
Used to both bump a dependency and tell the user why.
$dependencies is an instance of Debian::Dependencies class, and @dependencies is a list of Debian::Dependency instances or strings.
The message printed looks like "$reason needs @dependencies".
- Configure CPAN module. It is safe to call this method more than once, it will do nothing if CPAN is already configured.
- Just a wrapper around
provides the right parameters to it.
Returns a list of missing modules.
- Determines whether certain versions of debhelper(1) and other
packages are needed by the build process.
The following special cases are detected:
- if Module::Build::Tiny is present in the build-dependencies, debhelper dependency is raised to 9.20140227~ in case it was lower before.
- dh --with=quilt
- "dh --with=quilt" needs quilt.
- If /usr/share/quilt/quilt.make is included in debian/rules, a build-dependency on "quilt" is added.
- dh --with=perl_dbi
- A build dependency on "libdbi-perl" is added.
- dh --with=perl_openssl
- A build dependency on "perl-openssl-defaults" is added.
- Checks if Makefile.PL is a compatibility wrapper around Build.PL provided by Module::Build::Compat.
- Creates a backup copy of the specified file by adding
".bak" to its name. If the backup
already exists, it is overwritten.
Does nothing unless the "backups" option is set.
- Runs its argument through Text::Balanced's "extract_quotelike" method and returns the extracted content with quotes removed. Dies if "extract_quotelike" can't find quoted string.
- Populates debian/upstream/metadata with information from META.
- The equivalent of letting cme(1) reformat and fix debian/control.
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE¶
- Copyright (C) 2000, 2001 Paolo Molaro <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Copyright (C) 2002, 2003, 2008 Ivan Kohler <email@example.com>
- Copyright (C) 2003, 2004 Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Copyright (C) 2005-2007 Gunnar Wolf <email@example.com>
- Copyright (C) 2006 Frank Lichtenheld <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Copyright (C) 2007-2020 gregor herrmann <email@example.com>
- Copyright (C) 2007-2013 Damyan Ivanov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Copyright (C) 2008, Roberto C. Sanchez <email@example.com>
- Copyright (C) 2009-2011, Salvatore Bonaccorso <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Copyright (C) 2011, Nicholas Bamber <email@example.com>
- Copyright (c) 2016, Nick Morrott <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Copyright (c) 2017, David Miguel Susano Pinto <email@example.com>
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.