dbus-test-runner - run multiple tasks under an independent DBus session bus
[ options ]
dbus-test-runner is a simple little executable for running a couple of programs under a new DBus session.
Use this DBus tool for unit testing of code that accesses DBus at runtime.
dbus-test-runner accepts the following help options on the command line:
- -h, --help
- Display a short help text with application and help command line options and exit.
- Display the full list of available command line options (help, task control, application) and exit.
- Display options that are used to control how the task is handled by the test runner.
TASK CONTROL OPTIONS¶
dbus-test-runner accepts the following task control options on the command line:
- -t, --task=<executable>
- Defines a new task to run under our private DBus session.
- -n, --task-name=<name>
- A string to label output from the previously defined task. Defaults to taskN.
- Configures which bus the task expects to connect to. Default: both
- -r, --ignore-return
- Do not use the return value of the task to calculate whether the test passes or fails.
- -i, --inverteturn
- Invert the return value of the task before calculating whether the test passes or fails.
- -p, --parameter
- Add a parameter to the call of this utility. May be called as many times as you'd like.
- -f, --wait-for=<dbus-name>
- A dbus-name that should appear on the bus before this task is started
- -c, --wait-until-complete
- Signal that we should wait until this task exits even if we don't need the return value
dbus-test-runner accepts the following application options on the command line:
- Path to the DBus daemon to use. Defaults to 'dbus-daemon'.
- -d, --dbus-config=<config_file>
- Configuration file for newly created DBus server. Defaults to '/usr/share/dbus-test-runner/session.conf'.
- Path to the Bustle DBus Monitor to use. Defaults to 'bustle-dbus-monitor'.
- -b, --bustle-data=<data_file>
- A file to write out data from the bustle logger to.
- -m, --max-wait=<seconds>
- The maximum amount of time the test runner will wait for the test to complete. Default is 30 seconds.
- Whether to propagate the execution environment to the dbus-server and all the services activated by it. By default the environment is cleared.
- Configures which buses are represented by the tool to the tasks. Default: session
This manual has been written for the Debian project by Mike Gabriel <firstname.lastname@example.org> and may be used by others.
|Jan 2015||Version 15.04.20141209|