|softlimit(8)||System Manager's Manual||softlimit(8)|
softlimit - runs another program with new resource limits.
softlimit [ opts ] child
opts is a series of getopt-style options. child consists of one or more arguments.
softlimit sets soft resource limits as specified by opts. It then runs child.
In each of the following opts, n may be =, indicating that the soft limit should be set equal to the hard limit.
opts controlling memory use:
- -m n
- Same as -d n -s n -l n -a n.
- -d n
- Limit the data segment per process to n bytes.
- -s n
- Limit the stack segment per process to n bytes.
- -l n
- Limit the locked physical pages per process to n bytes. This option has no effect on some operating systems.
- -a n
- Limit the total of all segments per process to n bytes. This option has no effect on some operating systems.
- -o n
- Limit the number of open file descriptors per process to n. This option has no effect on some operating systems.
- -p n
- Limit the number of processes per uid to n.
opts controlling file sizes: