NAME¶vmifustandard - Extract a standard star spectrum.
SYNOPSIS¶esorex vmifustandard [OPTIONS] FILE.sof
DESCRIPTION¶This recipe extracts IFU standard star fiber spectra using the input extraction mask, after aligning it to the brightest fiber spectra detected on the input exposure. The extracted spectra are then resampled at a constant wavelength step, after aligning the input wavelength calibration to the positions of a set of identified sky lines. The extracted spectra are finally corrected for the relative differences in transmission from fiber to fiber, and summed together.
DO category: Type: Explanation: Required: IFU_STANDARD Raw Standard star spectra Y MASTER_BIAS Calib Master bias Y IFU_TRACE Calib Extraction mask Y IFU_IDS Calib Wavelength calibration Y IFU_TRANSMISSION Calib Transmission correction Y EXTINCT_TABLE Calib Atmospheric extinction Y STD_FLUX_TABLE Calib Standard star fluxes Y CCD_TABLE Calib Bad pixel table .
DO category: Data type: Explanation: IFU_STANDARD_REDUCED FITS image Reduced standard star spectra IFU_FOV FITS image Reconstructed field-of-view image IFU_STANDARD_EXTRACTED FITS table Total standard star spectrum IFU_SCIENCE_SKY FITS table Total sky spectrum IFU_SPECPHOT_TABLE FITS table Efficiency and response curves
The extraction mask, the wavelength calibration, and the relative transmission table, are those generated by the recipe vmifucalib. A CCD table must be specified only if a bad pixel cleaning is requested.
The spectra extracted from the fibers on the standard star are added and compared to the catalog fluxes of the same star, to obtain the efficiency curve and the response curve to use for flux calibration.
The procedure is the same as the one applied in the case of MOS data, by recipe vmmosstandard.
- --BiasMethod <str>
- Bias removal method. (str; default: ´Zmaster´). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.bias.removing.method [default = Zmaster].
- --CleanBadPixel <bool>
- Bad pixel correction on master flat field. (bool; default: False). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.badpixel.clean [default = False].
- --UseSkylines <bool>
- Use sky lines to refine the wavelength calibration (bool; default: True). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.sky.align [default = True].
- --ResponseOrder <int>
- Order of the polynomial used to smooth the instrument response curve. (int; default: 5). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.response.order [default = 5].
- --ReduceAnyFrame <bool>
- Reduce any frame. (bool; default: False). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.reduceall [default = False].
- --ComputeQC <bool>
- Compute QC1 parameters (bool; default: True). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.quality.enable [default = True].
Note that it is possible to create a configuration file containing these options, along with suitable default values. Please refer to the details provided by the 'esorex --help' command.
SEE ALSO¶The full documentation for the vimos pipeline can be downloaded as a PDF file using the following URL:
An overview over the existing ESO pipelines can be found on the web page https://www.eso.org/sci/software/pipelines/.
Basic documentation about the EsoRex program can be found at the esorex (1) man page.
It is possible to call the pipelines from python using the python-cpl package. See https://packages.python.org/python-cpl/index.html for further information.
The other recipes of the vimos pipeline are vimos_ima_bias(7), vimos_ima_dark(7), vimos_ima_det_noise(7), vimos_ima_fringe(7), vimos_ima_science(7), vimos_ima_standard(7), vimos_ima_twilight_flat(7), vmbias(7), vmdark(7), vmdet(7), vmifucalib(7), vmifucombine(7), vmifucombinecube(7), vmifuscience(7), vmmoscalib(7), vmmosscience(7), vmspphot(7)
AUTHOR¶ESO VIMOS Pipeline Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
BUG REPORTS¶Please report any problems to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may send a report to the ESO User Support Department <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
LICENSE¶This file is part of the VIMOS Instrument Pipeline Copyright (C) 2002-2005 European Southern Observatory
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA