|DH_MAKECLILIBS(1)||Debhelper for CLI (Common Language Infrastructure)||DH_MAKECLILIBS(1)|
NAME¶dh_makeclilibs - automatically create clilibs file
SYNOPSIS¶dh_makeclilibs [debhelper options] [-r] [-V[dependancies]] [-mminversion] [-lnextincompatible] [-Xitem]
DESCRIPTION¶dh_makeclilibs is a debhelper program that automatically scans for versioned CIL (.NET) assemblies, and generates a clilibs file for the libraries it finds.
By default, dh_makeclilibs scans the .dll files in the package directories and writes the discovered compatibility data (major/minor, build, token) to "clilibs" files in the appropriate packages.
However, if a file like debian/package.clilibs is found, this one will be installed and no scanning is performed.
- -V, -Vdependancies
- --version-info, --version-info=dependancies
- By default, the clilibs file generated by this program does not make
packages depend on any particular version of the package containing the
assembly. It may be necessary for you to add some version dependency
information to the clilibs file. If -V is specified with no dependency
information, the current version of the package is plugged into a
dependency that looks like "packagename (>= packageversion)".
If -V is specified with parameters, the parameters can be used to specify
the exact dependency information needed (be sure to include the package
Beware of using -V without any parameters; this is a conservative setting that always ensures that other packages' shared library dependencies are at least as tight as they need to be, so that if the maintainer screws up then they won't break. The flip side is that packages might end up with dependencies that are too tight and so find it harder to be upgraded.
- Like -V, but specifies only the version string, the package name comes from the package that is actually processed. This option is more flexible if you try to set a range of valid versions for different assembly packages coming from one source package.
- Specifies the (expected) version of this package when the compatibility to the current assemblies will break.
- An experimental option to automaticaly guess the next incompatible upstream version and insert them (like working with -l and -m options, see above). Do not expect the guessed values to be always correct - normally, the usualy assumed version string has the form generation.major.minor where versions with changes in "minor" are compatible and "major" versions break with compatibility.
- -Xitem, --exclude=item
- Exclude files that contain "item" anywhere in their filename or directory from being treated as shared libraries.
- Uses the Mono runtime in . (used for bootstrapping Mono packages)
Assuming this is a package named libfoobar0.9x-cil, generates a clilibs file that looks something like: libfoobar 1.0.2345.0_23a12f34 libfoobar0.9x-cil
Assuming the current version of the package is 0.93-3, generates a clilibs file that looks something like: libfoobar 1.0.2345.0_23a12f34 libfoobar0.9x-cil (>= 0.93-3)
dh_makeclilibs -V 'libfoobar0.9x-cil (>= 0.92)'
Generates a clilibs file that looks something like: libfoobar 1.0.2345.0_23a12f34 libfoobar0.9x-cil (>= 0.92)
Assuming that your package creates libfoobar-cil and liblafasel-cil, which are compatible to 0.92 versions but the upstream is going to break compatibility in the next version, 0.94:
dh_makeclilibs -m 0.92 -l 0.94
Generates clilibs file that looks something like:
libfoobar 1.0.2345.0_23a12f34 libfoobar-cil (>= 0.92), libfoobar-cil (<< 0.94)
liblafasel 1.0.2345.0_23a12f34 liblafasel-cil (>= 0.92), liblafasel-cil (<< 0.94)
This program is a part of cli-common-dev.
KNOWN BUGS¶Will possibly not work correctly with DH_COMPAT levels 1 and 2.
AUTHOR¶Mirco Bauer <email@example.com>, Eduard Bloch <firstname.lastname@example.org>, inspired by dh_makeshlibs by Joey Hess <email@example.com>