|cacaview(1)||General Commands Manual||cacaview(1)|
cacaview - ASCII image browser
cacaview is a lightweight text mode image viewer. It renders images using colour ASCII characters. It is a powerful add-on to famous console programs such as the mutt email client, the slrn newsreader and the links or w3m web browsers.
cacaview can load the most widespread image formats: PNG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP etc.
You can zoom and scroll the image around for more details, and choose four different dithering modes. All commands are accessible through a single key press.
- show the help screen
- n, p
- switch to next image, previous image
- Left, Right, Up, Down or h, l, k, j
- scroll the image around
- +, -
- zoom in and out
- reset the zoom level to normal
- switch fullscreen mode (hide/show menu and status bars)
- toggle the dithering mode (no dithering, 4x4 ordered dithering, 8x8 ordered dithering and random dithering)
- exit the program
There is no support for aspect ratio yet. Also, since there is no way yet to load an image from cacaview it is completely useless when run without an argument.
This manual page was written by Sam Hocevar <firstname.lastname@example.org>.