|STRANSLATE(1)||General Commands Manual||STRANSLATE(1)|
stranslate - translate a nucleic acid sequence to protein ORFs
stranslate [-options] <seqfile>
This manual page documents briefly the stranslate command.
stranslate is a program that creates a file of all possible protein ORFs, given an input nucleic acid sequence.
- Translate in full, with stops; no individual ORFs.
- Help; show brief usage and version info.
- -l <minlen>
- Report only ORFs greater than minlen (default 20).
- Require ORFs to start with AUG/Met.
- -o <outfile>
- Save results in output file.
- Quiet; silence banner, for piping or redirection.
- -s <stopchar>
- With -a, set stop character to <stopchar>.
- Use the Tetrahymena/Oxytricha genetic code.
- Only do the top strand (frames 0/1/2).
- Only do the bottom strand (frames 3/4/5).
NOTE TO DEBIAN USERS¶
The original program name is translate. It was renamed to stranslate to avoid conflict with another program of the same name.
Sean Eddy HHMI/Department of Genetics Washington University School of Medicine 4444 Forest Park Blvd., Box 8510 St Louis, MO 63108 USA Phone: 1-314-362-7666 FAX : 1-314-362-2157 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This manual page was written by Nelson A. de Oliveira <email@example.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others).
|Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:28:08 -0300|