NAME¶barman-wal-archive - archive_command based on Barman's put-wal
SYNOPSIS¶barman-wal-archive [OPTIONS] BARMAN_HOST SERVER_NAME WAL_PATH
DESCRIPTION¶This script can be used in the archive_command of a PostgreSQL server to ship WAL files to a Barman host using the 'put-wal' command (introduced in Barman 2.6). An SSH connection will be opened to the Barman host. barman-wal-archive allows the integration of Barman in PostgreSQL clusters for better business continuity results.
This script and Barman are administration tools for disaster recovery of PostgreSQL servers written in Python and maintained by 2ndQuadrant.
- the host of the Barman server.
- the server name configured in Barman from which WALs are taken.
- the value of the '%p' keyword (according to 'archive_command').
- -h, --help
- show a help message and exit
- -V, --version
- show program's version number and exit
- -U USER, --user USER
- the user used for the ssh connection to the Barman server. Defaults to 'barman'.
- -c CONFIG, --config CONFIG
- configuration file on the Barman server
- -t, --test
- test both the connection and the configuration of the requested PostgreSQL server in Barman for WAL retrieval. With this option, the 'WAL_PATH' mandatory argument is ignored.
- Not zero
SEE ALSO¶barman (1), barman (5).
BUGS¶Barman has been extensively tested, and is currently being used in several production environments. However, we cannot exclude the presence of bugs.
Any bug can be reported via the Github issue tracker.
COPYING¶Barman is the property of 2ndQuadrant Limited and its code is distributed under GNU General Public License v3.
Copyright (C) 2011-2019 2ndQuadrant Ltd - <http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/>.
|December 5, 2019||Barman User manuals|