NAME¶aa-status - display various information about the current AppArmor policy.
DESCRIPTION¶aa-status will report various aspects of the current state of AppArmor confinement. By default, it displays the same information as if the --verbose argument were given. A sample of what this looks like is:
apparmor module is loaded. 110 profiles are loaded. 102 profiles are in enforce mode. 8 profiles are in complain mode. Out of 129 processes running: 13 processes have profiles defined. 8 processes have profiles in enforce mode. 5 processes have profiles in complain mode.
Other argument options are provided to report individual aspects, to support being used in scripts.
OPTIONS¶aa-status accepts only one argument at a time out of:
- returns error code if AppArmor is not enabled.
- displays the number of loaded AppArmor policies.
- displays the number of loaded enforcing AppArmor policies.
- displays the number of loaded non-enforcing AppArmor policies.
- displays multiple data points about loaded AppArmor policy set (the default action if no arguments are given).
- displays multiple data points about loaded AppArmor policy set in a JSON format, fit for machine consumption.
- same as --json, formatted to be readable by humans as well as by machines.
- displays a short usage statement.
EXIT STATUS¶Upon exiting, aa-status will set its exit status to the following values:
- if apparmor is enabled and policy is loaded.
- if apparmor is not enabled/loaded.
- if apparmor is enabled but no policy is loaded.
- if the apparmor control files aren't available under /sys/kernel/security/.
- if the user running the script doesn't have enough privileges to read the apparmor control files.
BUGS¶aa-status must be run as root to read the state of the loaded policy from the apparmor module. It uses the /proc filesystem to determine which processes are confined and so is susceptible to race conditions.
If you find any additional bugs, please report them at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>.
SEE ALSO¶apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), and <https://wiki.apparmor.net>.